Enforcement of Court Orders #2


It is often necessary to enforce court orders after the initial judgment or order has been made.  From the time that a court issues an order in your case, the law expects that the conditions of the order will be followed. You have the right to be confident that you will receive the benefits contained in all court orders.

General Information

If your ex-spouse is not complying with the conditions of your divorce, child-custody, or child-support order, including visitation orders, and you are not receiving the benefits that you have been awarded, you are entitled to obtain those benefits. You have the right to enforcement of the judgment or order.  This process often involves an Order to Show Cause being issued against the non-compliant party to have them held in contempt of court, and possibly sanctioned as necessary to bring them into compliance with court orders.

If you are seeking to enforce your order or hold a negligent party accountable for late payment, nonpayment, missed visitations, or other failures to comply, our firm will help you build a case that clearly and accurately highlights the missed obligations.

If you are being held in contempt for late or missed support payments or visitations, our attorneys will help you understand your case, what you are up against and ensure that the other party is accurately portraying the matters at hand in your case.

Utah lawyer Kelly Peterson represents clients in post-order or post-decree proceedings to ensure protection of their rights under Utah Law. He has successfully filed many Orders to Show Cause on behalf of clients for enforcement of court orders. He has obtained assistance for our clients for benefits stipulated in property division orders as well as money judgments.

If you are in the process of selecting an attorney to represent you during contempt or enforcement proceedings we invite you to e-mail us or call our office at (801) 616-3301.

Get Help Now

Contact Provo's Child Custody LawyerCall Now