What To Do When You’re Denied Visitation

What to do when you’re denied visitation

Utah Visitation Rights

Are you being denied visitation from the other parent? If you answered “yes”, you need to consult with an attorney. Not only is this morally wrong, but it’s also punishable by law. The other parent may be ordered to provide you with more time to make up for what you lost or have to pay a fine. Upon being denied visitation, you need to turn to an attorney immediately. Not only is this harmful to your child’s mental health, but it goes against the court order you have in place. The other parent needs to be held accountable for their actions.

You’ll Have to Prove It

Proving that the other parent denied you of visitation isn’t as difficult as it may seem. Whether you recorded the incident or have text messages and emails to show what happened, your case will be off to a good start. Collecting all the necessary evidence will ensure you get the best possible outcome.

What to Expect

Your attorney will help you prove that the other parent denied you the right to your visitation. Your attorney may take witness statements or hire a private investigator. All of this information will be presented in court to prove that the other parent violated your court order for custody.

Don’t Hesitate

The longer you wait to take the other parent to court, the worse your case will be. If you haven’t seen your child in six months, and have done nothing to bring it to the court’s attention, you’re asking for trouble. The first time you’re denied visitation; you need to make a move. Don’t let the other person to scare you into thinking you won’t be allowed to see your child. Visitation was put in place to begin with, and that means that the court saw you as a fit parent.

Call now

If you’re being denied visitation by the other parent, you need to call an attorney now to discuss your options. The quicker you call, the stronger your case will be. Pick up the phone now to get the ball rolling.

About the Author

Experienced Divorce Lawyer Kelly Peterson handles child custody, visitation, paternity, grandparent rights and mediation cases.

Get Help Now

*Child Welfare Law Specialist Nat’l Assoc. of Counsel for Children